Thursday, November 13, 2025

Design Art Movements: Constuctivism


    Alexander Rodchenko, Books (Please)!            |         Lorena Recinos, Self Help Graphics & Art:  
    In all Branches of Knowledge, 1924                             Día De Los Muertos event, 2025 
 

During class, I learned about several art movements throughout history, some of them being the Victorian era (1837-1901), where they used symmetry in their designs to make them legible to the masses with beautifully intricate designs. There is also De Stijl (1917-1931), a Dutch style that uses rectangles, primary colors (true colors), with black and white colors. Added with the straight lines, it forms a geometric, slick, and structured design. For me, my favorite design movement was introduced to me by Professor Lepe, which was Constructivism (1915-1930), a Russian art movement that uses bold, dark colors and big text that typically uses black, red, and a cream-colored white. Historically, this movement was used for militarism but later shifted to resistance. What I liked about this art movement is that it uses angular lines that force the eye to move. It's big and bold by design, practically shouting at the viewer for attention. This is reflected in my design by having bold colors and bold text with perspective. Not only that, but within my design, I have arrows that lead the eye around the poster that has all the information needed to advertise the event, which is reflective of the movement. Although I wished I played more with the font on the side of the poster, making it wider than tall. Overall, I captured what this movement was about: being energetic and bold.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Page Spread in InDesign

       Walter Wick: Hidden Wonders Page Spread                 I began designing my page spread by adding the header and text box that will ...