Thursday, September 3, 2026

Returning To Blogging

 
       Original                                          Restored                               Pattern Making Cover

Currently, my experience with Graphic Design is very amateur; however, I’m working on  broadening my understanding of it. This especially goes for learning more about different forms of Graphic Design, like packaging, website building, or printing, in order to be a well-rounded graphic designer. As well as practicing with the Adobe applications I’m familiar with (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign). I was able to make a cover for my pattern-making class final, which was an organized notebook with a cover, table of contents, and examples. Recently, I was able to restore my uncle’s photo for my cousin, even though I have a lot to learn; it was a good way to practice with the software.

I have only taken VC 100, VC 118, VC 112, and VC 129, so I have a basic understanding of how to use Adobe. However, I am a fine arts major, allowing me to have a smooth transition into Graphic Design since they have the same design principles, only with slight variation. Overall, I had a great experience with Graphic Design, learning about the different techniques and history, while challenging my own creativity has been extremely insightful. However, I have started to take precautions with my screen time, making sure to wear my blue light glasses, using eye drops, and taking breaks to stretch in order not to strain my eyes or body while working. 

By taking Graphis Design II, I hope to learn more about the different applications that graphic designers use while practicing with the applications I’m familiar with. Going as far as seeing how my projects print out in order to know what I need to improve on. I hope to be inspired by different graphic designers and learn how to implement their techniques into my own work. While also building a strong digital portfolio that will go alongside my physical one. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Page Spread in InDesign

       Walter Wick: Hidden Wonders Page Spread                 I began designing my page spread by adding the header and text box that will ...