Thursday, September 17, 2026

Monogram and App Review

 

The most challenging part about designing a monogram in three different applications is that each app, although a part of the same company, works differently from the other, so one technique might not work in the next application. Adobe Illustrator was the easiest one to use compared to the other applications. Although it was a bit difficult when I was changing the anchor points on the monogram to look like one symbol. Photoshop was a bit trickier; I could easily place and embed my monogram eps into the document. However, while trying to reconstruct the monogram, the swatches had fewer color options than the Illustrator one.  Photoshop has a set palette, and if I wanted to use a different color, I would have to use the Solid Color panel to get the same color and create a new swatch. Making it harder for me to find a color match to my Illustrator monogram without using the color picker. Recreating the monogram was also hard. I had to change my cursor to a Direct Selection one in order to change the anchor points, and making the text that went around the monogram was also harder to do compared to Illustrator.  For InDesign, it also had a different layout with the color Swatches panel, making it harder for me to pick the right yellow-orange color I had on my Illustrator monogram, so I had to color-pick it from Illustrator instead. But it was the 2nd easiest to use, with how the text went on the path to modifying the anchor points on the monogram. With that, I finalized a project for print-ready use, making sure that my document has been flattened and is in CMYK format before saving it as a PDF for the printer to use. Making sure the document is in a PDF file means that the document is a finished piece and will be compatible with the printer, since that is the only document it will expect when printing. This will also make sure that there are no issues with your document before printing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Page Spread in InDesign

       Walter Wick: Hidden Wonders Page Spread                 I began designing my page spread by adding the header and text box that will ...