Personal Monogram
In my time of making graphic designs, I have learned many things, from knowing how to make an effective yet simple design that captures the viewer's attention for my monogram. Some of the techniques I’ve learned to do this are emphasis, emotion, use of color, movement, contrast, and hierarchy. Emphasis, quickly grab the viewer's eye; emotion, to influence the viewer; color, to make the graphic pop; it can also add emotion to the piece. Movement, to help guide the viewer's eyes to where I’d want them to go; contrast helps separate the individual figures, it also helps with emphasis, and hierarchy to show the viewer which is the most important, and also leads the eyes. My biggest challenge was trying not to have unappealing tension in the piece, especially when the figure hit the edge of the box, leaving a white line or a touching-not-touching sensation. I had to start training my eyes to see every detail of my graphic to make sure there wasn’t unnecessary tension that could distract the viewer. In my personal monogram, I emphasized the L and made the R smaller and flipped it, creating a sense of movement and hierarchy. The kind of font I used creates a sense of prestige, while the yellow color creates contrast that frames the monogram.

No comments:
Post a Comment