My design project is a MOCA mailer card to inform patrons about Andreas Gursky; a German photographer who captures human, corporate, creation. I wanted to capture the essence of the artist while also keeping MOCA’s branding intact. Making sure the design looked corporate since Gursky is known for capitalistic photographs and contemporary to match MOCA. I also wanted to have some continuity in the design which is why there are the three black bands in the composition, Andreas Gursky, MOCA’s logo, and the MCACHICAGO.org website. I believe I was successful with my design because nothing screams more corporate than geometric shapes, coupled with the liner direction, and color picked from Gursky’s photographic makes for an eye-catching design. Although, some challenges were choosing the background color, and the tracking of the lettering. I overcame this by limiting the photograph I was referencing to two, choosing a color that would tie the colors together and be inviting. Which is why I chose the color yellow, a warm color, that is both inviting and ties everything together. As for the tracking of the lettering, I knew that I was going to have a hyphen in the paragraph regardless of how I track the lettering. In the beginning I left the hyphen at the top of the paragraph however with the help of Professor Lepe, we decided it was best to have the hyphen be in the middle of the text because it was more visually appealing.
Thursday, October 16, 2025
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Page Spread in InDesign
Walter Wick: Hidden Wonders Page Spread I began designing my page spread by adding the header and text box that will ...
-
Walter Wick: Hidden Wonders Page Spread I began designing my page spread by adding the header and text box that will ...
-
Lorena Recinos | NAPAFASA: Healing heARTS, Unisex (2025) Acrylic, Color pencil As an artist I am always looking for new ways to express my...


No comments:
Post a Comment